RexDesktop

Anything that shouldn't clutter up the primary best practices mission of this forum.

RexDesktop

Postby DaBlackberryBoy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:45 pm

Rex, this is really getting old and is kind of annoying at this point. For someone who has been a supporter for sometime, my biggest holdup has been the lack of communication from you all. I have not seen or heard anything of RexDesktop 2 but have seen that the team developed an iPhone App. I think at this point, you MUST give us all some kind of update - we are owed that much. For those who whined to get an iphone version and you delivered, what about those who have been waiting I want to say going on a year in a half for RexDesktop - WHAT IS THE STATUS?

If it is not done, who cares. Tell us something. I have TodoMatrix, TeamworkMatrix, IdeaMatrix, AlertMatrix and RexConnect installed and have for some time because the products are efficient. But the desktop is an essential part of day to day activities for those bulk things you cannot do a la device like report printing and mass updates.
DaBlackberryBoy 8-)
-- http://wardsmitchelljr.com --
User avatar
DaBlackberryBoy
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Not in Kansas Anymore!!!

Re: RexDesktop

Postby djm » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:14 pm

Here Here! A little communication goes a long way. Transparency is all the buzz among organizations that want to be customer-centric, even when that includes less than good news. (In fact, I recommend to my clients that transparency is even more important in the absence of good, or presence of bad, news.)
djm
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:28 pm

Re: RexDesktop

Postby REX.bob » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:31 am

Every time we have tried to put a date on REXdesktop, it has slipped and been missed for a variety of interesting reasons no one wants to revisit. We have started over more than once. Management has simply decided to stop offering dates, because we have proved that Murphy's Law is alive and well in our development area.

We are earnestly working on REXdesktop 2. It is numero uno on the agenda for development. But I have no date other than pretty soon.

Regards,

Bob
REXwireless Customer Support
User avatar
REX.bob
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:14 pm

Re: RexDesktop

Postby djm » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:14 pm

Bob,

Thanks for the update. FWIW I really believe that Management's fear of communication in this context is very short-sighted and ultimately will do your company more harm than good. To be sure, maintaining silence allows Rex to avoid taking public hits for missed deadlines. What they perhaps do not realize is that they are getting numerous private hits for being secretive, non-responsive, and isolated from their customers. And that leads people to alternative solutions, and dries up the revenue stream.
djm
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:28 pm

Re: RexDesktop

Postby mvanders » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:15 am

Any news here?... you said soon V2, and now we are 3 months further...
mvanders
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:13 am

Re: RexDesktop

Postby DaBlackberryBoy » Sun May 22, 2011 2:36 pm

bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump ;) any new news rex?
DaBlackberryBoy 8-)
-- http://wardsmitchelljr.com --
User avatar
DaBlackberryBoy
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Not in Kansas Anymore!!!

Re: RexDesktop

Postby djm » Sun May 22, 2011 4:36 pm

This paranoia about communicating with customers is getting really old and tiring.
djm
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:28 pm

Re: RexDesktop

Postby DaBlackberryBoy » Sun May 22, 2011 7:10 pm

djm wrote:This paranoia about communicating with customers is getting really old and tiring.


i know my friend, i know. it is sunday so i will give them a break but hope to hear something by tuesday. we can only wish!
DaBlackberryBoy 8-)
-- http://wardsmitchelljr.com --
User avatar
DaBlackberryBoy
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Not in Kansas Anymore!!!

Re: RexDesktop

Postby REX.bob » Mon May 23, 2011 4:39 pm

Unfortunately, we are not yet to beta testing. Therefore, there is no news at this time.

Regards,

Bob
REXwireless Customer Support
User avatar
REX.bob
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:14 pm

Re: RexDesktop

Postby rirana » Sat May 28, 2011 9:53 am

I've been a TDM user for a while now, and have been lurking on these forums for a while. However, I've only recently been driven to register an account on these forums to post a comment...

To echo the countless others who have made this plea/request/demand over the past years, I think that as paying customers, we should see a bit more transparency. I also agree with the REX folks, in that the public forums aren't the best place to provide such transparency.

Here's my suggestion: DaBlackBerryBoy has been perhaps your most fervent supporter, and from one of his previous posts, he appears to be a developer, as well. I would encourage you to send him a non-disclosure agreement, and then walk him through your current plans, as well as the previous two failed approaches. This could be conducted over WebEx, Go-To-Meeting or any other such remote conferencing medium. If he's close to your offices, you guys could perhaps meet up in person.

I don't know DaBlackBerryBoy, but I would trust his opinion as an ardent supporter of your products, based off the facts:
1). He owns your entire suite
2). He is an active poster on the community
3). He actively supports and promotes your product
4). He has actively reviewed the competition, and knows whether your RD2.0 release is going to be good.
5). He is a developer, and can better empathize with your development challenges.

I don't want to speak for you, DaBlackBerryBoy, but hopefully, you're up for this, as well...
rirana
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 9:38 am

Re: RexDesktop

Postby DaBlackberryBoy » Sat May 28, 2011 11:30 am

rirana wrote:I've been a TDM user for a while now, and have been lurking on these forums for a while. However, I've only recently been driven to register an account on these forums to post a comment...

To echo the countless others who have made this plea/request/demand over the past years, I think that as paying customers, we should see a bit more transparency. I also agree with the REX folks, in that the public forums aren't the best place to provide such transparency.

Here's my suggestion: DaBlackBerryBoy has been perhaps your most fervent supporter, and from one of his previous posts, he appears to be a developer, as well. I would encourage you to send him a non-disclosure agreement, and then walk him through your current plans, as well as the previous two failed approaches. This could be conducted over WebEx, Go-To-Meeting or any other such remote conferencing medium. If he's close to your offices, you guys could perhaps meet up in person.

I don't know DaBlackBerryBoy, but I would trust his opinion as an ardent supporter of your products, based off the facts:
1). He owns your entire suite
2). He is an active poster on the community
3). He actively supports and promotes your product
4). He has actively reviewed the competition, and knows whether your RD2.0 release is going to be good.
5). He is a developer, and can better empathize with your development challenges.

I don't want to speak for you, DaBlackBerryBoy, but hopefully, you're up for this, as well...


rirana, I have helped Rex out in the past with some beta testing and have talked to Bob (owner of Rex) and offered to assist. Bob is a pretty cool kat and has explained their stance on things and what is going on. I have patience with Rex because I am a developer myself and understand the hurdles that must be cleared for any development project (web and software(mobile) based) in this case.

I do like others get frustrated about the lack of transparency but understand Rex's stance on not being so transparent. It is better to not promise and not deliver on time (their stance) but as many on the boards here have said that is also a turn-off for them as well. But one thing I keep in mind, and this is that regardless of what anyone else says, when I have downloaded a new version of any product of Rex, it has been very very stable. Yes you have minor things here and there, but for the most part, the releases are solid as bedrock.

So my advice to others is to remain patient. My advice to Rex, keep doing what you are doing but call on some of us to help. I know I helped in the past but had some personal things float into my schedule but I am, as you already know, willing to help out in any way and be discrete.
DaBlackberryBoy 8-)
-- http://wardsmitchelljr.com --
User avatar
DaBlackberryBoy
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Not in Kansas Anymore!!!

Re: RexDesktop

Postby DaBlackberryBoy » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:07 pm

Rex, call me if you need help - marqueeworks.com - would love to help if you are having issues.
DaBlackberryBoy 8-)
-- http://wardsmitchelljr.com --
User avatar
DaBlackberryBoy
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Not in Kansas Anymore!!!

Re: RexDesktop

Postby rdale » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:49 am

I do not know much about development but as fast as the marketplace can affect RIM and blackberry I would think that taking 3+ years to create a new version of the software is nearly a death sentence. My confidence in Rex is placed primarily as a result of DaBlackberryBoy's opinion that a new version is likely worth the wait.
rdale
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:27 pm

Re: RexDesktop

Postby DaBlackberryBoy » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:01 am

rdale wrote:I do not know much about development but as fast as the marketplace can affect RIM and blackberry I would think that taking 3+ years to create a new version of the software is nearly a death sentence. My confidence in Rex is placed primarily as a result of DaBlackberryBoy's opinion that a new version is likely worth the wait.


Development is a funny animal. Many internal and external factors arise. I commend Rex for taking the stance they have taken to provide quality solutions. Instant gratification in todays world pushes some companies to over promise and under-deliver which is not good. Like many, I question the wait but from the past history with Rex, I have not had the same questions when their products have come out and I use them. That is something that is not prevalent in our industry much anymore. So as much as I want it to also be done right now, I do commend Rex for sticking to their guns and just hope for good development to a much anticipated solution that will improve their product base.
DaBlackberryBoy 8-)
-- http://wardsmitchelljr.com --
User avatar
DaBlackberryBoy
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Not in Kansas Anymore!!!

Re: RexDesktop

Postby rirana » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:06 pm

Not sure whether there's been any update, as this thread's been stagnant for over a year. My 2-year RexDesktop subscription is coming to an end on 30 July.

If there's even a chance of a new version coming out in the immediate future, I'd consider renewing, but given the radio silence over the past year, I'm not optimistic.

Sorry to paint a negative picture on the forums Rex team, but it's disappointing to see such a powerful tool languish... :-(
rirana
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 9:38 am


Return to Off Topic Catch-All

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron