Windows Phone 7 TMX

Anything that shouldn't clutter up the primary best practices mission of this forum.

Windows Phone 7 TMX

Postby SVF » Tue May 11, 2010 12:39 pm

Blackberry has been a fundamental part of my mobile management system for long enough. Unfortunately I am beginning to lose favor for the platform and devices. I think that if it were not for the REX apps I may have abandoned it (Blackberry) already. Certainly the Blackberry is an outstanding mechanism with solid security, delivery and longevity, but in too many other areas is really evolving to yesterday.
One point in case is the new to be released OS Platform 6.0- after review and limited testing I can say (for me) it is truly Un-Remarkable. If this is the near future of Blackberry then its really time to move on.
Windows 7 with Office 2010 and soon Phone 7 is inspiring. I am enjoying the Desktop again. However I NEED TMX for all the reasons I currently use it on a Blackberry - and the Question:

REX- is there interest and/or current TMX development for the Windows Platform ?
REX- if there is, will I realistically see availability by years end. Yes a request for Date because TMX is an essential consideration.

LAST- buried here in the forums may delay replies, understood,.
SVF

Re: Windows Phone 7 TMX

Postby DaBlackberryBoy » Tue May 11, 2010 1:23 pm

I'd be curious to see Rex's response on this. The iPhone is underway and if WinMo is then I would be curious to see when blackberry development will see the light of day again!
DaBlackberryBoy 8-)
-- http://wardsmitchelljr.com --
DaBlackberryBoy

Postby SVF » Tue May 11, 2010 4:41 pm

I too am curious.
The Iphone platform is much closer to the BB than say the WP7. Both the Iphone and BB are essentially static end points struggling to comprehend dynamic connectivity. Yes the iphone has a good interface to the web but what can be done with the content is painfully limited.
The BB is really no more than a nuclear private pager with a secure PIM sync mechanism (at a ridiculous cost) through its BES. 'Consumer' use, and to provide functionality for the applications needed pretty much circumvent the RIM security model. Sure there is code signatures and mid barriers but 'Allow All' for permissions practically reduces security to the trust of developers. Once upon a time Business was separate from Personal, No More. Today the value of security is as great as ever but even greater is the ability to connect dynamically. Whether Microsoft delivers is uncertain but the alternatives are increasingly dissapointing. To build future development on a platform which appears to not be evolving is problematic at least. I do not believe RIM will attend effectively to the consumer (personal) market nor that Apple will ever see beyond its illusion of perfection so I hope REX will continue to build its excellence of 'Always with You' logic onto a platform which provides true dimension and less on linear (even radial) perceptions of 'Multi-Tasking'. I still put one shoe on at a time.
RIM is on a quest for 'Super Apps' - nothing new there. Apple is perhaps comprehending multi task- not really. Pathetic...
REX TMX is my only dependance on a BB and I really don't look forward to that choice.
SVF

Postby REX.doug » Tue May 11, 2010 7:58 pm

Gents,

Windows is far down the list when it comes to platform targets.

iPhone is under way.

Andriod is under consideration.

I have to say that the Windows platform (on a phone) does not have much support within REX. A few of us have painful memories.

However, "never say never" :-)
REX.doug

Return to Off Topic Catch-All