The Future of and for RexWireless

Anything that shouldn't clutter up the primary best practices mission of this forum.

The Future of and for RexWireless

Postby DaBlackberryBoy » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:27 pm

I finally posted my thoughts. Check my blog and the The Future of and for RexWireless post at http://countrypointe.com/2010/04/30/the ... xwireless/
DaBlackberryBoy 8-)
-- http://wardsmitchelljr.com --
DaBlackberryBoy

Re: The Future of and for RexWireless

Postby pakiyabhai » Tue May 11, 2010 12:09 pm

Agreed, the forums here are ghost town with hardly any replies by these guys, even screenshots of what's to come can help( hint hint :leaks) ,selected user preview, I have been waiting for one preview of Rexdesktop from a long time . I have asked few qs about outlook integration and they have been oh so sweetly ignored , i don't know what is expected out of us , but I had like to have an integration with a desktop client , heck any client is good right now ...

dablackberryboy , i am a huge fan of rexwireless , i purchased my codes when 3 years back , 1st year of college . i paid through my nose(with some good student discount) .

But I had like to add one point here , there's a sort of polarity created .

I have tested other clients such as mylifeorganized and toodledo , although their desktop counterparts rocks , their blackberry implementation of their client makes me want to throw my blackberry at the nearest wall , they are just so pathetic, same way rexdesktop sucks their blackberry client rocks :p
pakiyabhai

Postby DaBlackberryBoy » Tue May 11, 2010 1:21 pm

pakiyabhai wrote:Agreed, the forums here are ghost town with hardly any replies by these guys, even screenshots of what's to come can help( hint hint :leaks) ,selected user preview, I have been waiting for one preview of Rexdesktop from a long time . I have asked few qs about outlook integration and they have been oh so sweetly ignored , i don't know what is expected out of us , but I had like to have an integration with a desktop client , heck any client is good right now ...

dablackberryboy , i am a huge fan of rexwireless , i purchased my codes when 3 years back , 1st year of college . i paid through my nose(with some good student discount) .

But I had like to add one point here , there's a sort of polarity created .

I have tested other clients such as mylifeorganized and toodledo , although their desktop counterparts rocks , their blackberry implementation of their client makes me want to throw my blackberry at the nearest wall , they are just so pathetic, same way rexdesktop sucks their blackberry client rocks :p

Agreed 100%
DaBlackberryBoy 8-)
-- http://wardsmitchelljr.com --
DaBlackberryBoy

Postby MsB » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:25 pm

Yeow. The desktop portion is honestly what has us interested. Are you saying there are problems with the desktop that are being ignored?

I've also heard that Rexwireless support is fabulous. Are you also saying that is no longer true? I hope not
MsB

Postby REX.doug » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:25 am

The Desktop application is a slightly dated, written using JSP. It is functional, but not fancy.

That's my opinion, anyway! :)
REX.doug

Postby MsB » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:21 am

Thanks Doug. Doesn't the information appear the same as what would be seen on the corresponding blackberry? That is what seems most important.
MsB

Postby REX.doug » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:45 am

Yes, the ToDo or Idea info is displayed and edited similar to the BB device. Updates made from the desktop are transmitted to the device.
REX.doug

Postby MsB » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:53 am

Sounds perfect to me :)

Unfortunately I can't test it because I don't have a blackberry. And to be honest the only reason I would buy a blackberry is because of your program. Hubby is the blackberry user and had dowloaded your free trial a few times but has never had the time to play with it. I wish there was a way to test just the desktop portion.
MsB

Postby REX.doug » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:55 pm

Borrow his logon and password. You get a free trial of the desktop application also.
REX.doug

Return to Off Topic Catch-All