the biggest threat to a tech business

Anything that shouldn't clutter up the primary best practices mission of this forum.

the biggest threat to a tech business

Postby JohnM » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:27 pm

(Ramblings over Saturday morning coffee):

The biggest threat to any business in the technology sector isn't competition, bad marketing skills, or the 10 things listed here: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... _12292097/ (old but interesting article) but rather:

*the market taking out your legs*

For REXwireless (and RIM) I believe this can be summed up in 1 word: Android.

While the iPhone was a natural upgrade for those millions of twenty-something iPod users, to me it always was really just a toy. Recently, I've been testing the Droid with BES/Exchange and I have to say it could be a market changer. It gives you what you 'liked' from the iPhone and what you *needed* from the blackberry (almost).

Now I'm not a fanboy (or whatever the kids nowadays are calling it), but rather a tech maven that loves ToDoMatrix (and all the other REX products). I wouldn't leave my BB for the Droid unless I had ToDoMatrix (especially now w/ TAS Category syncing! This and the ClearContext product for Outlook are an incredible combination). I have to admit though, the Droid (Android platform) is very very appealing to me. If you get your hands on one for a few days, you'll see what I mean.

I'm glad REX has plans for Droid and are protecting their "legs". I think RIM might be in trouble though!

Best Regards,
John M.
CEO/CTO
888VoipStore
www.voipstore.com - "Your Trusted VoIP Advisor"
JohnM

Return to Off Topic Catch-All