When you encounter a Java error, sending us:
1) A complete description of what happened on the screen
2) Steps to reproduce the event again (very important)
3) BlackBerry Stack Trace of the error
helps us resolve the issue quickly.
The directions below are for all BlackBerry devices - see blue text below for BlackBerry Storm specific directions.
Retrieving Exception Data
A) Open the BlackBerry Event Log
• At the Home Screen, press and hold the [ALT] key
• Press the key sequence L G L G
• This is a back-door sequence to display the BBY event log
If you have a Storm touch-screen BlackBerry, here is the equivalent sequence:
• Go to the home screen while in portrait mode (BlackBerry in normal tall/skinny display mode).
• Press the Menu button and select Show Keyboard
• Press, click and HOLD the [!?123] key for a few seconds. (The new storm equivelent of the Alt key).
• The [?!123] key should now have a lock icon in the upper left corner indicating it is locked on.
• Type , 5 , 5 (comm five comma five)
B) Set your options to only show Java errors
• When you see the log screen above, press the MENU key
• Select Options
• When you see the screen above, Scroll down to Java Exception checkbox, and press the MENU key.
• Select “Hide All Types”. This will cause all of the checkboxes to clear.
• Now, select Toggle Filter while you have the Java Exception checkbox highlighted. This will check the Java Exception checkbox.
• When only the Java Exception item is checked, press ESCAPE and select “Save” when prompted.
C) Find errors that have the program name you are looking for within them (there may be other errors in the log that are not related to REXwireless products).
• The log will now list all Java Application Exceptions (if any). In the example above, there is one exception. Highlight the exception and press ENTER or click the trackball.
• After selecting the exception, you will see the screen above.
• Look to see that our program is named in the error detail (in this example, AlertMatrix does appear - if you had an error in ToDoMatrix, the error would show ToDoMatrix in it)
• Press the MENU key, the “COPY EVENT”.
D) Copy and Paste the error detail in an email and send it to the REXwireless Support Center.
• Now, open your email program and create a new email. Press the MENU key and select PASTE to copy the exception into the email. Experienced users might consider using the ALT+ESC windowing sequence to go back and forth, especially if there are more than one error to send.
• Paste and send via email to support.center at rexwireless.com
• Go back to the event log (step C) and look for any other errors from the same application and send those in as well.
Please remember that the description of what you saw, and steps to recreate the event again, are also very important.
REXwireless Customer Support