Un-checking completed tasks in iPhone

Ask new questions that aren't covered in Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Un-checking completed tasks in iPhone

Postby borgy » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:02 pm

Just converted from a Blackberry. I held onto my Blackberry much too long because I was immersed in using TMX. I'm not doing very well with the iPhone "intuitive" style, I fear. When I first switched to Apple on my computer from a PC, I could not figure out how to uninstall a program and it was surprisingly difficult to find out how. A waggish friend who liked PC's said, "Maybe the reason Apple is considered so intuitive is that no one will tell you how to do anything and it's not written down, so you have to intuit it." Eventually I learned you just dragged the program to the trash to uninstall it. Simple but not intuitive to a former PC user. I think I'm in the same fix with TMX and the iPhone

I am bewildered by the iPhone version. The first thing is if I cannot get marked completed task to hide. I have checked and unchecked "hidden" and " Show completed tasks" in various combinations and the list of completed tasks imported from my grocery list on Blackberry (via my account), just sit there.

On the BBerry, I could touch "D" and they would dissapear from view, if hidden and restore when I unhid them by touching "d" again. I wish I could just touch the "Completed" check and un-dismiss them like that (it's quite a long list) without having to open each one and re designate it individually. They won't hide no matter what I do I guess. Select does not give you the option of doing a group change of status as far as I can telll. Is it something about importing already completed tasks done on the BBerry from my account to the iphone. I'm stumped. Thanks for any help.
borgy

Re: Un-checking completed tasks in iPhone

Postby borgy » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:22 pm

HOORAY! I stumbled on the solution. I tne "Settings" menu there is a show hidden tasks button also. When I turned that off the other buttons worked. I just did not notice a third button before and the manual, as far as I could see, didn't go into that. Sorry for the panic.
borgy

Return to New Questions