email injection for iPhone and iPad

Ask new questions that aren't covered in Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

email injection for iPhone and iPad

Postby nrcapes » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:20 pm

I was an enthusiastic TDM blackberry user but am now running it on the iPhone. I miss the email injection feature that let me forward an email to TDM and create a task. Is there any plan for this for the iPhone? Competitive todo iPhone apps like Appigo todo have this.
nrcapes

Re: email injection for iPhone and iPad

Postby REX.john » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:41 pm

This feature will be available soon, simultaneously with new REXdesktop. Exact date not yet know.

John J
REXwireless
REX.john

Postby santkowiak » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:56 am

What other iPhone competition exists? I too, migrated from BB to iPhone and find that Rex Software capabilities are much diminished due to lack of IDM, RexConnect and injection.

Please share others you have tried.

I love Rex, but things are just moving too slow.
santkowiak

Postby cmaldonado » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:59 pm

I too am disappointed in the slow development, having moved from BB to iPhone over a year ago. But, in spite of much searching, I have not been able to find an equal to Rex. The iPhone input is more cumbersome than it was on my BB and IdeaMatrix is non-existent, BUT, that I can find, Rex is the only one that allows multiple dimensions (delegate, priority & @context; for example, Chief of Staff, Critical, Cabinet). This allows me to print one report for my Chief of Staff sorted by priorities, and another report for use as an agenda for my cabinet meetings sorted by priority for all members). I work in higher ed and the value add is significant from this tool. My Exec Asst can even log in for me and print for entire staff. Since I switched to Apple products for iCloud I have looked in detail at the other products (Evernote, Omnifocus, Todo, etc.), all very good but not for multiple dimensions and reporting.
cmaldonado

Postby mtatge » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:46 am

Rex is a good product, but so was the Model T. The company seems stuck in the BB world. With Bb headed the way of palm pilot (remember that?), it needs to make some major changes. There are many alternatives out there (errands, Remember the Milk, Tododdle). In my opinion, none of them are as good as the original Rex, but that world is gone or at the very least slowly slipping away. I have tried many alternatives and I still use Rex. Like many Rex users, however, i longer have a Blackberry. i am willing to bet that many users, if they still do carry a BB, it is no longer their favorite device or they now have more than one mobile device using more than one OS. The iPhone App is pretty good, but it needs refinement. The company needs it come up with a separate iPad app, not one that you merely load on the iPad. Yes, it works, but when loaded on the IPad it looks like hell. Come on guys!
mtatge

Postby oliviersciales » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:15 am

Hi,
I wanted to inform when rexconnect will be available for Iphone. I was a user of TDM for BB. I am really missing this features. In August 2011 you stated in a post that it will be coming soon. We are now January 2013 and it seems that rexconnect is still not available. Appigo to do app for IPHONE has better iphone integretation. can you please revert to me? many thanks
oliviersciales

Return to New Questions